- Consult our student conduct and disciplinary procedure policies before arriving on campus.
- Review the Residence Hall Guide and Residence Hall Policies before moving into your residence hall.
- Make sure your meningitis and other required vaccination information has been submitted to the Office of Admissions.
- Check your family’s homeowner’s or other insurance policy providers to make sure valuables you bring to campus will be covered.
- After learning your room assignment, login to myMU to check your Marshall e-mail to view your housing status and your designated check-in day and time.
- After learning your roommate’s name(s), call your roommate(s) and try to talk several times before move-in day. Share academic plans, common interests, and what each of you will contribute to your room’s set-up. If possible, arrange to meet for a meal or a movie, so you can get to know one another better.
- Review the IT Student Guide to familiarize yourself with myMU, MU WiFi and more!
- Review our Items to Bring page for checklists of items you can and cannot bring to your room.
- Most students bring too much stuff. The best advice we’ve heard is to set out everything you want to bring, then pack and bring one-half the total.
- Share your mailing address and phone number with family and friends. Mail should be addressed to you in the following manner:
Room Number, Name of Residence Hall
Huntington, WV 25703-****
Learn more about Residence Hall mailing addresses.