The MPA will consist of a core curriculum which includes:
- MGT 620, Human Resource Management
- MGT 672, Organizational Behavior
- PSC 533, Public Administration and Policy Development
- PSC 553, Governmental Budgetary Administration
- PSC 604, Data Analysis
- PSC 616, Public Administration Scope and Practice
The program will require students who are not yet in the professional workforce (pre-service) to complete a six-hour practicum. This can be accomplished through agency placements or internships.
Students who are in the professional workforce (in service) will complete a project report analyzing public administration as practiced in their place of employment.
The program will offer optional concentrations of twelve credit hours in non-profit management or urban governance.
The M.P.A. program consists of:
Core Curriculum: 18 hours
Concentration or General Administration Policy: 12 hours
Practicum or Project Report: 6 hours
TOTAL: 36 hours