Toward Becoming A University
1950-1959

 

In the 1940s and 1950s, Marshall had a flourishing laboratory school as part of its Teachers College program of preparing teachers. This included instruction in elementary through high school. Jenkins Hall, above, now the home of the College of Education, served as the training school until the program was phased out in the late 1960s. At left is the Laboratory School Annex which later was used for other purposes by Marshall. The university’s One Room School House was moved onto this site in 1995. The high school even had a basketball team.

Back    Next