Chat with classmates, professors, and campus services with
Blackboard IM. Marshall University has licensed academic chat software called Blackboard IM. It is the only instant messenger designed for educators to advance and promote learning. Blackboard IMincludes unique features to specifically benefit students, teachers, and universities including:
- Student-to-Student Chat Facilitates Collaboration Without MUOnLine
- Instant Access to Campus Services, such as the Writing Center, Library, and Help Desk
- Queued Chat for Tutoring and Office Hours
- Automatic Population of Classmates and Courses
- Application Sharing
- Blended Audio and Video Conferencing
- Instant School-Wide Notifications
How Do I Get Blackboard IM?
- Login to MUOnLine.
- On the left sidebar, you see a box for Blackboard IM (Instant Messaging). Click
- Fill out the form. The Blackboard IM ID defaults to your MUID/901 number. You should change this and make this your name.
- You will receive an email. If you do not, check your SPAM folder. Follow the link and login with your account information.
- Download and install the Blackboard IM software.
Questions about Blackboard IM?
If you have problems logging into Blackboard IM, please contact our IT Service Desk at:
(304) 696 – 3200 or IT Service Desk