- Do not prop open fire doors; they are closed for your protection.
- In case of fire do not use the elevator. It could become a death trap for you.
- Do not overload electrical outlets.
- Do not use any type of open flame.
- Do not tamper with or remove any smoke detectors or fire extinguishers.
This is a punishable offense!
- Do not pull false alarms. Not only does a false alarm cause an inconvenience to others, but it could be dangerous.
- To report any fire call the Marshall University Police, 696-4357.
Remember, pulling a false alarm is a crime and the
University Police, Marshall University, and the court system will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.
The punishment in West Virginia for falsely reporting an emergency incident is a fine of five hundred dollars or confinement in jail for six months, or both.