- All hours over 40 in the workweek are eligible for 1.5 times salary or compensatory time paid.
- All hours over 37.5 in the workweek are eligible for 1.0 times salary or compensatory time paid.
- The workweek is Sunday through Saturday.
- Employees can’t voluntarily opt-out of getting overtime compensation.
- We will discipline repeat offender who work overtime without approval after receiving notification.
- Managers are responsible to ensure employees are working as directed and reporting time properly.
Establish procedures and Expectations
- Overtime approval processes.
- Rules for working and tracking working outside of normal workday.
- Flex Time – May be used to avoid accruing overtime (within workweek).
- Overtime Compensatory Leave – May be used to reduce overtime costs.
- "Unauthorized" work performed (with or without supervisor’s knowledge).
- Employee arrives early to work and begins working.
- Meal time if an employee is not "free" from work duties.