The Marshall University Office of Outreach and Continuing Studies (OCS) was
originally established in 1993 as the School of Extended Education (SEE) to provide the citizens of West Virginia with
access to college level courses and programs.
The Office of Outreach and Continuing Studies main office is
located in Huntington on the Marshall University campus. The Office maintains
regional centers at these locations:
- Mid-Ohio Valley Center, Point Pleasant
- Southern Mountain Center (on Southern
West Virginia Community and Technical College campuses-Logan and
- Teays Valley Regional Center, Teays
The Marshall University Office of Outreach and Continuing Studies serves
- Adult students who wish to complete a college degree they may
have started but were never able to finish.
- Students who live far from our main campuses.
- West Virginia National Guard personnel and their families throughout
- High school students who meet the requirements to take college
The OCS delivers educational content and services through a
number of traditional and non-traditional formats, which include:
- Public television (HEITV)
- Two-way interactive television
- Non-credit computer and professional
continuing education programs
- Weekend and accelerated classes and programs
- College courses in the high school
- Courses at National Guard Armories for
military personnel and their families.