Director of Experiential Learning
Position Title: Director of Experiential Learning & Assistant/Associate/Professor of Pharmacy Practice, Administration and Research
This is a full-time, 12 month appointment, tenure-track faculty position.
Special note: Candidates interviewing on campus must have official transcripts from all universities attended forwarded directly to the chair of the search committee.
The Marshall University School of Pharmacy invites applications for a Director of Experiential Learning & Assistant/Associate/Professor of Pharmacy Practice, Administration and Research. The Director is expected to be active in service to the school, college, and profession, and engage in scholarly activity in areas of professional interest. In addition to the coordinating components of the School’s experiential learning, the successful candidate will also be able to contribute to the School’s didactic education. Completion of a post graduate residency and/or national board certification is desired but not required. The Director reports to, and works closely with, the Assistant Dean of Experiential Learning.
The Director works in a collaborative manner with students, faculty, preceptors and health care organizations to achieve the planning, implementation, and assessment of all experiential education activities. The preferred candidate will have experience in pharmacy practice in the West Virginia and/or Tri-state area and participation in local and state pharmacy organizations. The Director of Experiential Learning responsibilities include:
• Teach pharmacy students in didactic, simulation, and laboratory settings as faculty
• Provide leadership and coordination of the daily operations of the experiential programs
• Professionally represent the Marshall University School of Pharmacy to external stakeholders
• Develop and execute the experiential curriculum as developed by faculty
• Preceptor and Site recruitment for introductory and advanced pharmacy practice experience
• Preceptor development consistent with the School’s academic philosophy and type of rotation
• Assessment of preceptors and sites in a continuous quality improvement manner to ensure sustained excellence of the experiential program
• Facilitate development of syllabi, objectives, and other learning tools for experiential learning
• Serving as an advisor to students formally as part of the role of faculty
• Maintaining confidentiality and accuracy of student records, and preceptor and site information
• Facilitate and contribute to scholarship in education
Education and Licensure: The successful candidate will have a Doctor or Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy and has a license to practice pharmacy in the State of West Virginia or is eligible to obtain licensure in West Virginia.
Communication: The successful candidate will possess superior verbal, written, and oral communication skills. Evidence of strong interpersonal skills is required.
Organization, Management, and Leadership: The successful candidate will have demonstrated organizational, management and leadership skills in previous positions
Traveling: The successful candidate must be able to drive to experiential sites to develop and assess the site, preceptor, and student. The university will reimburse for such traveling.
Application Procedure: Send letter of application including teaching experience, educational philosophy, scholarly interests, and residency/professional experience; vita; undergraduate and graduate transcripts; names and contact information for three references in a Word or PDF file format to email@example.com.
Please note that candidates selected for interview on campus must have official transcripts (undergraduate and graduate) forwarded directly to the chair of their search committee by their degree granting institutions prior to the interview on campus.
Application Deadline: Position is open until filled.
Background Check Required: YES
Further information, please contact: Robert Stanton, MBA, PharmD, B.C.P.S.; Assistant Dean of Experiential Learning; 304-696-7350, firstname.lastname@example.org.