Current Students with a Physics Major, Spring 2011
Benefits of a Major in Physics
- Physics is the most fundamental of the natural sciences. It addresses basic questions involving the structure of matter and the underlying physical laws governing their interactions and motion.
- Physics is based on the interplay between theory and experiment.
- Physics serves as an excellent discipline for training you to think critically. Models, crafted with artistry, are used to describe reality.
- A background in physics serves as a broad base of education.
- The physics major is also exposed to deep philosophical concepts involving space, time, and matter.
- Physics is very strong for students interested in going into teaching at all levels.