Much of the training an individual has received in the various branches of the service is eligible for credit awards. Often the credit does not have direct equivalent credit in the university environment due to the unique applications of military training. However, the credits can serve as unspecified upper or lower level courses depending on the ACE recommendations.
See the ACE Military Guidelines for Evaluation website for further information: http://www.militaryguides.acenet.edu/
Proper documentation is required to obtain the credit. There are no fees for evaluation of military records.
The information below specifies how to obtain documentation for military experiences.
- For service prior to October 1981 – Complete DD Form 295 Application for the Evaluation of Learning Experiences during Military Service.
- For service after October 1981 – Complete DA Form 5454-R Request for Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript
- Veterans may use a certified copy of the DA Form 2-1, diplomas/training certificates, and DD214s. AARTS transcripts are also available on-line at: http://aarts.army.mil/
- Request a copy of your Community College of the Air Force transcript from:CCAF/RRR
130 West Maxwell Blvd
Maxwell AFB AL 36112-6613
Telephone :(334) 953-2794
On-line at: http://www.au.af.mil/au/ccaf/index.htm
Navy and Marines:
- SMAARTS: https://www.navycollege.navy.mil/
- Transcripts can be found at: http://voled.doded.mil/dantes/counspt/infoline/USCG.htm