Name Change Instructions

A request to change your name in the University Administrative System must be submitted to the appropriate office.

If you are a student and are not employed with the University, please bring original or mail a copy of your Social Security card to the Registrar’s Office, Old Main 106A, along with a completed Name Change Form.

If you are an employee (faculty, staff or student), Federal regulations require employers to validate that the employee’s name on record exactly matches the name which appears on the individual’s Social Security card to ensure proper tax reporting. Thus, in order to reflect your name change on your personnel and payroll records, you must present your Social Security card which reflects your new name to the Payroll Office, Old Main 206.

If you have not requested a change of name with the Social Security Administration, please apply for a new Social Security card with the nearest Social Security Administration Office. Once you receive your new Social Security card, please bring it to the appropriate office.