- The transcript fee for an electronic copy is $12.00. Payment of $12.00 per copy must be submitted with the request. Marshall University accepts electronic checks, debit or credit cards (American Express, MasterCard, VISA, or Discover). (A 2.25% processing fee will be added for using credit cards.)
- The request will be denied if the student has a financial or social obligation to the University. Please contact the Bursar’s Office at 304-696-6620 or 1-800-438-5389 for information regarding a financial obligation. Please contact Lisa Martin at 304-696-2495 in the Office of Student Conduct regarding a social obligation.
- Marshall University does not fax transcripts.
- Please submit “hold for grades” or “hold for degree” transcript request during the last week of the semester. Transcript requests are normally processed within 24 hours of receipt. A longer period is required for processing if the request if received at the close of the semester or summer term.
- Please be aware Marshall will not accept email requests for transcripts as it is not a secure method of communication. Per the Office of the West Virginia State Treasurer’s cash management rules and PCI compliance regulations, personal information such as social security number, debit/credit card information and bank account information cannot be sent via email.
- If you choose to have your transcript sent electronically, the link to view the transcript will expire 14 days after the link has been sent. Once you view the transcript it will expire within 24 hours. For further information on how to request a transcript, please email us at email@example.com.
Marshall University, in partnership with SCRIP-SAFE International, is able to deliver official transcripts electronically through eSCRIP-SAFE to network recipients or outside the network to third parties. Please read the following before completing your transcript request:
- Network Delivery – Before completing your transcript request; please check the network recipients to see if your intended receiver is a member of the electronic network. If the recipient is in the network, please insert their name on your order form and check electronic network recipient.
- OneTime Delivery- If your intended recipient is not a network member and you wish to deliver your transcript electronically, this method may be used. Receivers are designated and identified by you, the requester, through the recipient’s email address.
You should always notify your intended recipient they will be receiving important email messages regarding the electronic delivery of your transcript. To ensure delivery of these important email messages, please inform the recipient to add the domain name of @escrip-safe.com to their safe-sender email list.
OneTime receivers must complete a simple registration for each transcript delivered through eSCRIP-SAFE. In addition, they must have a copy of Adobe Reader 7.0, or higher, which is free and easy to download, on their computer. The receiver has three options to retain the transcript: (1) save to the institution’s document imaging system; (2) save electronically as a PDF document; or (3) print to paper.
Your transcript is never delivered by email; email is limited to notification and reminder messages regarding the delivery of your transcript.
To use this method, include your recipient’s name and email address on the order form and check the electronic outside the network recipient.