- The transcript fee for a paper copy is $10.00. Payment of $10.00 per copy must be submitted with the request. Marshall University accepts checks, electronic checks, money orders, debit or credit cards (American Express, MasterCard, VISA, or Discover). (A 2.25% processing fee will be added for using credit cards.) Please do not send cash.
- The request will be denied if the student has a financial obligation to the University. Please contact the Bursar’s Office at 304-696-6620 or 1-800-438-5389 for information regarding a financial obligation.
- All transcripts must be sent directly from Marshall University. Marshall University does not fax transcripts.
- Please submit “hold for grades” or “hold for degree” transcript request during the last week of the semester. Transcript requests are normally processed within 24 hours of receipt. A longer period is required for processing if the request if received at the close of the semester or summer term. Click here for the Online Transcript Request Form or you may fax or send a written official transcript request to:
Office of the Registrar Marshall University
One John Marshall Drive
Huntington, WV 25755
- The request must be signed by the student. Requests that do not have the student’s signature will be returned unprocessed. Federal Law prohibits the release of a transcript without the student’s signature.
- Please identify complete name and Student ID Number or Social Security Number.
- Include the name and address of where you want the transcript sent. Marshall University does not fax transcripts.
- Faxed requests must contain credit card information. We accept American Express, MasterCard, VISA or Discover credit cards. Please include credit card number, expiration date, cardholder’s name and billing address. Requests without credit card information will not be processed.
- Please be aware Marshall does not accept email transcript requests as it is not a secure method of communication. Per the Office of the West Virginia State Treasurer’s cash management rules and PCI compliance regulations, personal information such as social security number, debit/credit card information and bank account information cannot be sent via email.
- For further information on how to request a transcript, please email us at email@example.com.