The School of Music and Theatre at Marshall University is a place where performing arts students come to realize their dreams. Our programs are small enough to provide individual attention and mentoring, but large enough to offer everything students need in order to become accomplished performers or teachers. Our music students are taught by internationally recognized performers and pedagogues, and can earn Bachelors and Masters degrees with emphases in music education, composition, jazz and classical performance, or multidisciplinary studies. Our theatre students concentrate in either performance or production, and present their work on the main stage of our beautiful Joan C. Edwards Playhouse, and in the Francis-Booth Experimental Theatre. Our graduates may be found in professional performance careers and leadership positions throughout our region and beyond. We look forward to welcoming you into our community and helping you pursue your dreams.
- MU Theatre announces auditions for CABARET and CLYBOURNE PARK
- Marshall band faculty to present first performance together
- Musical theatre talents from the Greenbrier to visit Marshall music and theatre students
- Octubafest to bring tricks, treats and tubas to the Tri-State
- Center for Wellness in the Arts inaugurated with visit from Dr. Eckart Altenmüller
- MU guitar ensemble to visit University of Costa Rica
- MU professor, student ‘giving back’ through local Guitars for Vets program
- View videos of the Wind Symphony at Chicago Symphony Hall
- MU Alum Chase Likens was recently featured in an article printed in The Herald-Dispatch newspaper.