The Marshall University Archives are housed within the Special Collections Department. the archives contain materials related to and generated by the university. These items include:
- Back issues & current issues of the student newspaper "The Parthenon"
- University yearbooks "Mirabilia" and "Chief Justice"
- University handbooks
- Course Catalogs
- Sports information materials
- University President's papers
- Department files
- Student organization files
Most of the material located in the Archives is available for patron use, although some files are restricted for official university use only.
See list for overview of the university archives record groups, size and dates: