The Student Resource Center will support and enhance the academic, professional
and personal goals of Marshall University students by providing opportunities for
students to meet with appropriate personnel who can evaluate and help resolve academic
and other service-related challenges.
The SRC Staff will:
- Provide general academic advising to enhance, but not replace, the role of the student's
academic advisor in the academic college.
- Provide general advising for multiple areas of Marshall University services including,
but not limited to, academic skill building, the ePortfolio Initiative, financial
aid, housing and residence life, veterans support, career development, etc. SRC
staff will serve as a liaison and/or referral for in-depth services.
- Assist students in the elimination of real or perceived obstacles within University
- Assist students in developing educational plans that identify life goals and objectives.
- Conduct academic skills workshops including time management, note-taking and test-taking
strategies, study skills, etc.
- Review assessment data collected from first-year student inventories and take or
recommend appropriate individualized intervention strategies.
- Serve as instructors for UNI 100 Freshman First Class.
- Maintain accurate, timely, and confidential advising records.
- Assist in the implementation for First Year Experience programs and activities.
- Promote the University's student retention, persistence, and success efforts.
- Serve as instructors for UNI 102, Strategies for Academic Success.
At This Moment
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Late Evenings and Weekends for Special Events
Marshall University Student Resource Center
Memorial Student Center Room 2W16
One John Marshall Drive
Huntington, WV 25755