The Division of Student Affairs premier student achievement, the Spirit of Excellence Award, recognizes exceptional contributions to student life. The award formally honors students who excel in campus involvement and service to the University, their peers, and the broader community. The Vice President of Student Affairs and other student affairs administrators will recognize recipients during a public ceremony.
Faculty, staff, and student peers may nominate students online by noon, Friday, April 13, 2019.
Students interested in applying should submit a completed online or paper Spirit of Excellence Award application by 11:59pm, April 17, 2019.
Requirements for the Spirit of Excellence Award:
- A minimum 2.75 grade point average
- Be in good academic and student conduct standing with Marshall University
- A student may receive the award one time only
Process for applying
- Students apply by completing the Spirit of Excellence Award application and fully describing campus involvement and contributions enhancing the quality of student life.
- Ask a faculty, staff member, or fellow student to complete a letter of recommendation. Letters should describe how and to what degree the applicant has improved student life at Marshall University.
- Application due by 11:59pm, April 17, 2019.
- Faculty, staff, or fellow students may nominate individuals. The person making the nomination should complete the Spirit of Marshall University nomination form, describing how the nominee has positively influenced student life at Marshall University.
- Nominees will be contacted by Student Affairs and asked to complete the Spirit of Excellence Award
- Nominations due by noon, Friday, April 13, 2018.