As a participant in the SURE program you may wish to create a webpage to publish your research online so as to share it with others or just to have it in an easily presentable and readily available form.
If you have or choose to obtain your own personal web space to use for your SURE webpage, simply send the URL to
NortonLab16@gmail.com and a link to the page will be added to your page in the participants section of the SURE website.
You may also choose to use the free web space given to all registered Marshall students. Instructions on how to access your web space are as follows:
- Log on to any computer connected to the Marshall network (any computer on campus where you use your Marshall user name and password to sign in)
- Access your V drive (Go to My Computer, then look under the “Network Drives” section for the drive labeled “your user name’s MU User Drive (V:)"
If you need to access your V drive from off campus, check here for instructions:
- Once in your V drive, create a new folder called “public_html” if one does not already exist.
- Place all the files for your webpage into this folder, making sure that the main page (the one you wish people to see first) is named “index.html”
- To view your page, go to the address "http://mupfc.marshall.edu/~your user name" where your user name is replaced by your Marshall user name.
- Send a link to the page to
to be posted on your section of the SURE participants page.
Creating the actual webpage is up to you. If you are on campus, all computers in the study center of the Drinko Library have the web editing programs Macromedia Dreamweaver and Microsoft Frontpage. Many other computer labs on campus have this software as well.
For more information, you can view Marshall’s personal web page FAQ here: http://www.marshall.edu/ucs/cs/helpdesk/helpdesk-webpages.asp