Students will explore insect mouthparts and food sources through a form and function lab activity. They will infer how insects affect gardens by discussing the benefits and harms of garden “friends and foes”. Students will learn how to identify such critters in a garden then apply these skills in the garden.
- Garden Wildlife [PDF]
- Feeding Frenzy – Eel River Recovery Project [PDF]
- Friend or Foe Coloring Book [PDF]
- Know Your Garden’s Insect Friends and Foes
- Friend or Foe: Which Insects Benefit Your Garden [Infographic]
- What’s Eating My Plants: How to Recognize Common Pests by the Leaf Damage They Cause [Infographic]
- Plants That Naturally Repel Pests [Infographic]