If you have a sincere desire to help other students, consider applying for a tutoring position with University College. To become a tutor you must:
- Be a full-time Marshall student
- Have at least a cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Received either an A or B in each class you want to tutor
- Have good communication skills
- Provide references from each department you list courses you would like to tutor (For example, if you want to tutor chemistry, please provide a reference from the chemistry department.)
- Be dependable, responsible, and possess high ethical standards
Undergraduate tutors are paid minimum wage. Stop by Tutoring Services in the Smith Communications Building (Room 211) for details. You can also print the online Tutor Application and bring it by University College, along with a current, unofficial transcript. Once your application and transcript have been received, and references have been requested and received, University College will put your application on file. When, or if, openings become available, you will be contacted for an interview.