A promotional item is a product, merchandise item or gift used as a giveaway to promote a company, corporate image, brand or event. These items are often branded with an organizational logo or trademark. Promotional items do not include office supplies, classroom and/or curriculum materials or anything that will not be used to promote programs and services of the university.
To order a promotional item:
- Determine your budget and timeline, consider your audience, and choose a licensed promotional vendor to order your product(s).
- Contact your University Communications representative for imprint design(s), if necessary.
- Place your order.
- Provide a copy of the invoice(s), an image of the imprint(s), and the fund/org numbers to Rhonda Mullins.
Things to consider:
- Typical turnaround for your promotional item to be approved, ordered, and delivered is four weeks. Plan ahead.
- All promotional are approved through the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) to ensure that it has the correct logo and color and meets any other Marshall University branding requirements.
- Imprints paid for with state funds must clearly identify that the department/organization/entity is a part of Marshall University.
- Using licensed vendors helps us protect the integrity and brand of the university, and adds to the general scholarship fund.