Marshall University’s fall General Faculty meeting will take place Tuesday, Sept. 24, beginning at 2 p.m. in the Francis-Booth Experimental Theatre of the Joan C. Edwards, Performing Arts Center on the Huntington campus.
During the meeting, new faculty members and administrators will be introduced, followed by State of the Faculty and State of the University addresses.
The tentative agenda includes:
- Welcome – Dr. Eldon Larsen, chair of the Faculty Senate
- Introduction of new administrators – Dr. Gayle Ormiston, Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
- Introduction of new faculty – Deans or their representatives
- State of the Faculty address – Larsen
- State of the University address – Marshall President Stephen J. Kopp
Immediately following the meeting, there will be a reception honoring new faculty in the lobby of the Performing Arts Center.
The meeting also will be streamed live on the Web at www.marshall.edu/it/livestream.