The Marshall Recreation Center has announced a fitness challenge that will be in effect until April 11. Following is the announcement as prepared by Rec Center staff.
Do you have a New Year’s Resolution to lose weight or have new fitness goals for yourself? Then sign up for the Spring 2014 Fitness Challenge. What better way to stay motivated and on track than to log your points and progress with friends!!
We have two divisions available for the Fitness Challenge: Student or Faculty/Staff. The Challenge will take place January 20th– April 11th. Each team must consist of 2-5 participants. Register your team and track your points on our website: MarshallCampusRec.com/fitnesschallenge.
Log your weekly exercise time to receive your points; this must be done no later than the Monday following the week you complete the exercises. The team standings will be updated weekly. The top three teams in each division are awarded prizes:
- 1st Place: Fitness Challenge T-Shirts, 1 Free Personal Training Session, MRC Guest Passes and Premium Fitness Class Gift Certificates
- 2nd Place: Fitness Challenge T-Shirts, MRC Guest Passes and Premium Fitness Class Gift Certificates
- 3rd Place: Premium Fitness Class Gift Certificates
This semester we will be providing free waist, hip, and weight measurements. An extra 300 “Minutes” will be awarded to team members who improve their measurements and/or lose weight, at the end of the Challenge. *You will be notified of the specific dates for measurements.
- Recreation Center membership is not required to participate.
- Times may not be backlogged after one week.
- You may only log “Intentional Exercise.” This includes additional physical activity BEYOND the Activities of Daily Living. For example: exercise at a fitness center, continuous brisk walking, running or hiking (not to and from the parking lot, shopping, sightseeing etc.), playing a game such as basketball or volleyball, exercise video workouts or attending fitness classes (Zumba, Kickboxing, Spin, Yoga, etc.). Any other activities in question, please ask.
- Participants will receive weekly emails with the team standings from the Fitness Challenge Coordinator.
- Additional info about the Fitness Challenge will be posted on the website.
- If you have any questions please contact Heather Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-696-3653, or Kayla Dodd at email@example.com or 304-696-2943.