Sandee Lloyd named Employee of the Month

Lloyd1928Sandee Lloyd, Administrative Associate, Graduate College Dean’s Office, has been named the Marshall University Employee of the Month for October, according to Michelle Brown Douglas, chair of the Employee of the Month Committee.

Employed since March 1984, she was nominated by Dr. David J. Pittenger.

Pittenger related in his nomination that, although there was a comprehensive “desk manual” prepared for him by his predecessor, after he became interim dean of graduate studies in August 2013, there were numerous day-to-day matters that needed to be dealt with and he continued to call upon Lloyd, .

“I became more impressed with her comprehensive knowledge of the office, the many issues our students face and the accuracy of the advice she has given me,” he wrote. “I am also impressed by her ‘can-do’ attitude and willingness to take on the ‘and other duties as assigned’ tasks that I ask her to help me with. …I am extremely impressed by the professional face she presents for the college.  She is often the first person students see when coming into the office, the first person who responds to their e-mails, and the first person to take their calls. In each case….she offers calm and carefully worded information that is most helpful for all who inquire.  The Graduate College is grateful for her outstanding work and we are hopeful she will be recognized as such.”

Lloyd was presented with a plaque and a check for $100 by President Stephen J. Kopp.