Sonja Cantrell named Employee of the Month

SonjaCantrellSonja Cantrell, associate registrar in the registrar’s office, has been named the Marshall University Employee of the Month for January, according to Michelle Brown Douglas, chair of the Employee of the Month Committee.

She was nominated by Meghan Buckland, Division Secretary Senior in the Safety Technology program in the College of Information Technology and Engineering.

In her nomination, Buckland wrote:  “Sonja Cantrell has a difficult job as associate registrar. It is a … cumbersome and absolutely critical position that is an essential mechanism to the inner workings of the Marshall University machine. In her relatively short time here at Marshall, she has become someone I can always count on to help offer a surefire remedy to my latest crisis….She is always there and ready to assist by answering e-mails and messages promptly with a friendly approach to my requests. I tell her every semester in the thick of schedule entry that she has the patience of a saint….if there is a single employee—faculty or staff—who deserves…recognition, it’s Sonja. I hope to show her my eternal gratitude and undying appreciation for the hard work she does for the registrar’s office at Marshall University.”

Cantrell was presented with a certificate and a check for $100 by President Stephen J. Kopp.

—————

Photo: Sonja Cantrell (right) receives her Employee of the Month award from President Kopp.