Marshall Health and Marshall Campus Recreation have a new wellness program for employees who have chosen Marshall Health as their medical home through PEIA.
Currently, university and Marshall Health employees may purchase an annual membership to the Rec Center at a discounted cost of $38 per month. According to the announcement, If you have selected Marshall Health as your medical home, you’re eligible to participate in a new Marshall Health Fitness Program, and will receive an annual Rec Center membership for $25 a month with a fitness program tailored to your needs. Participants must make a one-year commitment to the fitness program, and will be required to do the following:
- Within six weeks of joining the program, have a one-on-one personal training session, including an initial fitness assessment, conducted by campus recreation staff;
- Schedule and participate in quarterly fitness assessments, which include biometric screenings;
- Have cholesterol, blood pressure, glucose levels and other health-related information regularly checked and submitted to the Primary Care Physician;
- Participate in individual or group activity at the Rec Center a minimum of four times in each three-month period;
- Abide by all other terms of the Marshall Recreation Center membership agreement.
Additionally, if you choose to participate in the program, your dependents/significant other/spouse who have PEIA and have also elected Marshall Health as their medical home may participate as secondary members with the same annual membership at the discounted $25 per month rate (the above requirements apply).
In order to qualify for the discount, you must have a Request to Participate form completed and signed by your Primary Care Physician and make it available to the Marshall Rec Center upon registration.
To enroll in the program, or for any additional questions, call ext. 6-4732 (4REC).