The Fall General Faculty meeting of the 2014-2015 academic year will take place at 2 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 23, in the Francis-Booth Experimental Theatre of the Joan C. Edwards Performing Arts Center.
The agenda will consist of welcoming remarks by the Faculty Senate Chair Dr. Larry Stickler; the introduction of new administrators by Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs Dr. Gayle Ormiston; introduction of 62 new faculty by Stickler, School of Medicine Dean Dr. Joseph Shapiro and School of Pharmacy Dean Dr. Kevin Yingling; a State of the Faculty Address by Stickler and a State of the University Address by University President Dr. Stephen J. Kopp.
All faculty, staff, students and members of the public are invited to attend. After the meeting a reception to honor the new university personnel will be held in the lobby of the Performing Arts Center.
New administrative positions to be introduced are: Dr. R.B. Bookwalter, dean of the College of Liberal Arts; Dr. Dru Bora, associate dean of the College of Science; Dr. Leonard White, School of Medicine associate dean for diversity; Dr. Ali Olashirazi, School of Medicine vice dean of business development/external affairs; and Dr. James Becker, School of Medicine senior associate dean for clinical affairs.
New faculty to be introduced are:
- College of Education and Professional Development – Tina Allen, Ruthann Arneson, Jane Bogan, Teresa Clark, Jeradi Cohen, Rebecca Jennings-Knotts and Camille Ramsey;
- College of Arts & Media – Johan Botes, Adam Dalton, Jason Lovins, Sandra Reed, Steven Trinkle and Ryan Wilson;
- College of Health Professions – Joseph Beckett, Elizabeth Casey, Jessica Maynard, Robert Powell and Kelly Rutherford;
- College of Information Technology and Engineering – Gregory Michaelson and Sarder Sadique;
- College of Liberal Arts – Charles Arthur, Joel Peckham and Maggie Stone;
- College of Science – Whitney Flesher, Herman Mays Jr. and Jennifer Mosher;
- College of Business – Erik Bushey, Jonathan Butler, Ben Eng, Susan Lanham, Uyi Lawani, Keri Lucas and Ralph McKinney;
- Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine – Akash Ajmera, Sutoidem Akpanudo, Mohammed Al-Ourani, Amanda Arrington, Kathryn Bell, Nadim Bou Zgheib, Todd Derreberry, Jennifer Gerlach, Suzanne Holroyd, Rodhan Khthir, Yehuda Lebowicz, Mary Legenza, Muhammad Mahmood, Sarah Miles, Jan Muizelaar, David Rupp, Jonathon Salava, Elizabeth Saunders, Mahmoud Shorman, Kara Willenburg and Charles Yarbrough;
- School of Pharmacy – Christopher Booth, Ashley Brown, Crystal Heise, Jeremy McAleer, Shekher Mohan and Megan Peterson;
- University Libraries – Jackie Diorio and Lori Thompson.