With an early kickoff of the Homecoming game, Marshall’s alumni association is making sure the university community has the facts on Homecoming activities this weekend, according to Rob Ellis, associate director of alumni affairs.
“With an early kickoff, please be advised that some times have changed,” Ellis said.
Weekend activities include the following:
- Friday, Oct. 10, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. – Picnic on the Plaza. This event will be on the plaza of the Memorial Student Center. In case of rain, it will take place in the MSC lobby.
- Friday, Oct. 10, 7:30 p.m. – Champagne Reception in the Don Morris Room in partnership with the Black Alumni Association. Cost is $25.00 in advance and $30.00 the night of the event. There will also be a pep rally on Buskirk Friday evening at 7 p.m., weather permitting.
- Saturday, Oct. 11 – The Homecoming Parade will line up at 7:30 a.m. downtown in front of the Big Sandy Arena and the Courthouse.
- Saturday, Oct. 11, 9 a.m. – Join the alumni association for the Grand Marshal/alumni tailgate, on the green space beside Harless Dining Hall. Cost is $25.00.
- Homecoming Football Game kicks off at noon.
In addition, the Black Alumni Association has announced the following activities:
- Friday, Oct. 10, 10 p.m.- 1 a.m. – Laid Back After Dance, 2W22 Memorial Student Center.
- Saturday, Oct. 11, 9 a.m. – Tailgate with the MU Alumni Association, on the green space beside Harless Dining Hall. Cost is $25.00.
- Saturday, Oct. 11, 9 p.m.-1 a.m. – Black Alumni Green and White Affair Homecoming Dance in 2W22 Memorial Student Center.
- Sunday, Oct. 12, 9 a.m. – Prayer Breakfast/Memorial at First Baptist Church – 801 6th Ave., Huntington.
Click on graphic above to view Homecoming vide.