Rock music pioneer Boz Scaggs to take the Keith-Albee stage

Grammy Award-winning rock pioneer Boz Scaggs will  perform at the Keith-Albee Performing Arts Center at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 27.

Scaggs’ career dates back to the late sixties, when he performed with the Steve Miller Band and has spanned decades with his solo hits.

“I’m at a point where I’m having a lot of fun with music, more than ever,” Scaggs says about his new album A Fool to Care. “It’s like I’m just going wherever I want to go with it.” A Fool to Care was released in spring 2015 and features duets with Bonnie Raitt and Lucinda Williams.

His explorations in blues and R&B, rock and jazz have produced lasting work and a career that has brought with it acclaim, a loyal following and an enduring respect among musicians. In addition to touring extensively with his own band, Scaggs continues to work with Donald Fagen and Michael McDonald as The Dukes of September, most recently playing a 47-city tour and performing their own material along with R&B and  classics.

For tickets, contact the Artists Series Box Office at ext. 6-6656 or visit their box office located in the Joan C. Edwards Playhouse. Box office hours are Monday through Friday from noon to 5 p.m.