Page may be out of date
This page has not been updated in the last 5 years. The content on this page may be incorrect. If you have any questions please contact the web team.

Summer Coverage

Share

by Autumn Vallandingham, WMUL Photographer and Social Media Coordinator

Over the past few months, WMUL has given Kelsie Tyson and I some of the best opportunities. We were both able to attend Bunbury Festival and I was able to attend FloydFest.

Brand New June 7, 2015 Courtesy of Kelsie Tyson
Kelsie Tyson / WMUL
Brand New performing at Bunbury Festival on June 7, 2015 in Cincinnati, Ohio.

Starting with Bunbury, located in Cincinnati, Ohio on the riverfront, headliners included The Avett Brothers, Snoop Dogg, The Black Keys, and Brand New. For only attending Sunday, Kelsie and I were able to see WMUL favorites The Front Bottoms open the Yeatman’s Cove Stage, followed by Manchester Orchestra and Brand New. Reflecting on the the event, Kelsie stated, “Bunbury was an amazing experience! There was so much energy and general love for music. It was amazing being able to see well known acts interact with their loving fans.” The set up of Bunbury was extremely fun and the venue on the riverfront gave the festival such a nice, summery feel.

Shovels and Rope August 26, 2015 Photo Courtesy of Autumn Vallandingham
Autumn Vallandingham / WMUL
Cary Ann Hearst, member of Shovels and Rope, performing on the Dreaming Creek Main Stage at FloydFest on August 22, 2015 in Floyd, Virginia.

FloydFest, July 22-26, 2015, has been a Floyd, Virginia staple for 14 years now.  Headliners included Grace Potter, Brandi Carlile, and Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell. This being my first FloydFest, I was completely overwhelmed by the festival itself. I was accompanied by my mother, Cherie Brown, who also had never attended FloydFest. The overall atmosphere was extremely welcoming and the scenery at the festival itself, as well as traveling to it, was beautiful. I was very sad I was not able to attend the whole festival, but a single day of festivities did not let me down. I hope to attend next year, as well as attend the whole event.

PitchBlak Brass Band Photo Courtesy of Autumn Vallandingham
Autumn Vallandingham / WMUL
Alison Shearer, alto saxist for PitchBlak Brass Band, performing on the Pink Floyd Garden Stage on August 22, 2015.

All photos of FloydFest can be accessed on Autumn’s Flickr.

Brandi Carlile at FloydFest Photo Courtesy of Autumn Vallandingham
Autumn Vallandingham / WMUL
Brandi Carlile and band closing the Main Stage at FloydFest on Saturday evening.

Recent Releases

Gallery
July 28, 2022
2020 dotComm Awards
September 22, 2020