Where are they now?
Graduates of the Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program at Marshall University have found employment in a variety of outstanding positions in academia, clinical research, pharmaceutical companies, businesses, and the public sector.
The following is a list of some of the many exciting places our alumni have been employed:
- Applied Biosystems
- Ashland Community and Technical
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- East Ohio Regional Hospital
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Kent State University
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Morehead State University
- National Institutes of Health
- Progenesis Technologies, LLC
- Rite Aid Pharmacy
- Syntonix Pharmaceuticals, a subsidiary of Biogen Idec
- University of Alabama at Birmingham
- University of Charleston School of Pharmacy
- University of Hawai’i at Manoa
- University of Kentucky Graduate Center for Toxicology
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington
- University of Virginia
- The West Virginia Office of the Chief Medical Examiner
- Wheeling Jesuit University
- Wil Research Laboratories
- Zymed Laboratories
Recent Ph.D. Graduates
Jasjeet Bhullar, Ph.D.
Dr. Bhullar earned her Ph.D. in May 2011 under the mentorship of Dr. Vincent E. Sollars. She is caring for her new son and living in Bethesda, Maryland.
Yue Huang, Ph.D.
Dr. Huang earned his Ph.D. in May 2011 under the mentorship of Dr. Guo-Zhang Zhu. He is working as Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Oncological Sciences at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York, New York. His research project is to study epigenetic regulation in hematopoietic stem cells and leukemia.
Melinda Varney, Ph.D.
Dr. Varney earned her Ph.D. in December 2010 under the mentorship of Dr. Vincent E. Sollars. She is working in the Division of Experimental Hematology and Cancer Biology at
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center in Cincinnati, Ohio. Her research focuses on modifiers of TRAF6 and their contributions to Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS).
Jennifer Napper, Ph.D.
Dr. Napper earned her Ph.D. in August 2010 under the mentorship of Dr. Vincent E. Sollars. She is working as Biology Instructor at Ashland Community and Technical
College, and teaches Anatomy and Physiology in Ashland, Kentucky.
Sandeep Joshi, Ph.D.
Dr. Joshi earned his Ph.D. in May 2010 under the mentorship of Dr. Richard M. Niles. He is working as a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Dermatology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. His research area is pigment cell biology and melanoma.
Lauren Richards-Waugh, Ph.D.
Dr. Richards-Waugh earned her Ph.D. in May 2010 under the mentorship of Dr. Gary O. Rankin. She is working as Forensic Toxicologist at The West Virginia Office of the Chief
Medical Examiner in Charleston, and lectures for the Drug Enforcement Administration in their Pharmaceutical Overdose Death Investigation seminar series.