Knowledge Base Categories
Frequently Asked Questions
Computers & Software
- Do I need to know a lot about computers?
- What computer equipment do I need to take a Marshall University Online course?
- Can I audit the class instead of receiving a grade for the class?
- Can I earn a degree entirely online?
- Do Marshall University Online courses follow a particular format?
- Do MUOnLine courses carry the same number of credit hours as the same courses offered on campus?
- For some reason the system won’t let me register?
- How can I withdraw from an MUOnLine course if I need to?
- How do I get my textbooks?
- How do I log in to my online course?
- How long do I have to take a MUOnLine course?
- How much time will I spend on my course?
- How will I communicate with my instructor?
- I am having a problem with my online class that my instructor and I have not resolved. What should I do?
- If I drop an online course, what kind of grade can I expect to receive?
- Is a Marshall University Online course easier to take than a face-to-face course?
- Is academic advising available to me?
- Is there anywhere else I can earn credit and transfer back towards my degree?
- Leadership Specialist area in the Master of Arts in Leadership Studies
- Middle Childhood Education Internet-Based Graduate Program
- What do I need to know about prerequisites for classes?
- What times do MUOnLine classes meet?
- When can I register for MUOnLine courses?
- Where can I get a copy of my course schedule?
- Will I have to take tests?
- How do I get a Marshall University computer/email account?
- How is the E-Mail Tool different from other email?
- What email address will my instructor use to contact me?
- What is my instructor’s email address?
Computer & Browser Problems
- After you log in to MUOnLine, you get bumped back to the Login page.
- MUOnLine works on one computer but not another.
- When you click on a course title in My MUOnLine, your browser shuts down.
- You can’t log in to MUOnLine from work.
- You get sent to some other web site when you log in to MUOnLine.
- Your browser closes unexpectedly.
Course or Tool Problems
- Links don’t work or course pages don’t load.
- Privacy Issues
- Session timed out
- You can’t attach a file to your assignment.
- You can’t open a Chat session.
- You can’t see My Grades.
- You can’t start your quiz.
- You have a problem with access codes
- Your course isn’t listed on your My MUOnLine page.
- Your dropped courses are still listed on your My MUOnLine page.
- Incorrect username or password
- MUOnLine session already running
- Session timed out
- There was an error opening this document (PDF document)
- Unexpected system exception error
- You are not authorized to view this page