The X-treme Fear Club (XFC) is a student organization not for the feint of heart. We raft, skydive, ride rollercoasters and even check out the occasional haunted house. XFC exists to challenge its members in defying their fears and phobias. Through these activities we hope to grow our membership and create bonds that will last a lifetime.
Past trips include: riding rollercoasters at King’s Island and Cedar Point, the haunted tour of the WV State Penitentiary, skydiving over the Appalachian mountains, skiing and snowboarding at Winterplace Ski Resort, spelunking at Carter Caves, white water rafting the New River and the Gauley River, a number of haunted houses and trails throughout the region, AND MORE! The sky is literally the limit and the XFC will do anything its members are interested in doing.
Below you will find some frequently asked (and answered) questions regarding the organization.
Q: How do we decide what events we take part in?
- A: Each year, a large list of possible events are created. The current membership within XFC then votes on what events they would like to participate in. Those events with the highest number of votes will become a part of our yearly calendar.
Q: Do members get help in paying for these events?
- A: The XFC provides its members with a number of fundraising opportunities throughout the year. If you are a student needing funding, then participate in the fundraiser. Those members who help out will get to split the proceeds from the fundraiser depending on their level of involvement or time worked during the event. After the funds are designated to those members, an account will be created for each within XFC that will go toward whatever events the members need help funding.
Q: How much does it cost to be a member of the XFC?
- A: Membership within the XFC is $10/semester OR $15/year. This fee will go to supporting the organization and also an OFFICIAL XFC T-shirt for each member.
Q: How do we get to activities/events not in the Huntington area?
- A: Whenever transportation is needed, we will either carpool or rent an appropriately sized vehicle to fit the needs of the attending membership. If a vehicle is rented, this will be included within the cost of the event.
Q: Is it required for members to participate in every activity?
- A: No. Members participate in only those events and activities they wish to participate in. So no worries if you are afraid of heights and are uncomfortable jumping out of a plane, we won’t push you.
Q: When are meetings for the XFC?
- The XFC will meet once a week during the fall and spring semesters. The actual meeting day and time have yet to be decided for the 2016-2017 academic year but will be announced soon.
Q: Who can be a member of the XFC?
- Any current, recognized undergraduate student, graduate student, faculty or staff member may be a member within the XFC. For liability and insurance purposes, non-university affiliated individuals may not participate in the organization.
Q: So I am interested in joining, how do I do that?
- A: If you are interested in joining, click here to send us your information. You will be contacted shortly and will soon become a member of the X-treme Fear Club!
If you have any additional questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org