Patrons will be REQUIRED TO WEAR A FACE MASK/FACE COVERING where social distancing cannot be maintained. Masks/Face Coverings do NOT have to be worn when you are actively engaged in physical activity. Spaces such as courts (racquetball/basketball) and fitness classes require advanced registration.
The safety of our patrons and team members is what is most important. The Marshall Rec has always been dedicated to delivering a healthy way of life to the Marshall community, each of us will play an important role in making the Rec a safe experience for everyone. We are continuing to take extra precautions to help our patrons and staff stay safe and healthy. This includes extensive cleaning protocols, enhanced procedures, and social distancing practices within our facility. You will notice increased spacing between equipment and within workout areas to allow for appropriate social distancing.
As part of the re-opening, we have added several safety measures that are in place for our patrons and staff:
- All fitness equipment and machines on the 2nd and 3rd floors have been safely spaced.
- Please practice excellent personal hygiene and wipe down equipment regularly before and after each use. Gym wipe stations are plentiful throughout the fitness floors, and hand sanitizer stations are wall mounted in several areas.
- Facility hours have been reduced.
- Patrons are asked to minimize the number of belongings they bring into the facility. Remember to bring your own towel and yoga mat, etc.
- Always maintain 6 feet of social distance
- Wash hands regularly
- Cover face with proper PPE, when not actively working out
- Stay home when sick
- Get tested immediately when sick
In accordance with the WV state guidelines as issued by the Governor, the following areas and amenities of the facility are still unavailable until we receive further notice:
- Fitness Studios (Closed for open use)
- Rec Room
- Water Fountains (Water bottle fill stations will remain open)
We appreciate your help and understanding as we work through this time together. If you have a specific concern or you need help locating gym wipes or hand sanitizer stations, please see any Marshall Rec Center team member. You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions or concerns.