Patrons will be REQUIRED TO WEAR A FACE MASK/FACE COVERING at ALL times while in the facility and follow the safety guidelines posted by the entrance stating that you will abide by all policies and procedures. Failure to follow policies will result in being asked to leave the premises. Spaces such as courts (racquetball/basketball), climbing wall, pool and fitness classes require advanced registration.
The safety of our patrons and team members is what is most important. The Marshall Rec has always been dedicated to delivering a healthy way of life to the Marshall community, and with a carefully planned and phased approach, we will begin to reopen. Each of us will play an important role in making the Rec a safe experience for everyone.
In accordance with governmental orders and guidelines we are taking extra precautions to help our patrons and staff stay safe and healthy. This includes extensive cleaning protocols, enhanced procedures, and social distancing practices within our facility. Patrons will be asked to follow signs and floor decals located throughout the facility to ensure the safety of all. You will notice increased spacing between equipment and within workout areas to allow for appropriate social distancing.
As part of the re-opening, we have added several safety measures that are in place for our patrons and staff:
- Entrance to the facility will take place on the East entrance double doors (coming from the Stadium parking lot) and lead you to the left of the lobby to self-swipe into the facility and make your way down the right side of the hallway.
- When exiting the facility, you will follow the arrows down the hallway and exit through the “entrance gate” and make your way out of the West entrance double doors (located on the campus side).
- All fitness equipment and machines on the 2nd and 3rd floors have been safely spaced with at least 6 feet between them. High risk areas of the facility have been temporarily closed off.
- Please practice excellent personal hygiene and wipe down equipment regularly before and after each use. Gym wipe stations are plentiful throughout the fitness floors, and hand sanitizer stations are wall mounted in several areas.
- Staff members are undergoing extensive training to comply with COVID-19 policies & procedures. Staff will be constantly monitoring and cleaning machines, equipment, and touch points.
- Facility hours have been reduced.
- Patrons are asked to minimize the number of belongings they bring into the facility. Remember to bring your own towel and yoga mat, etc.
Patrons will be REQUIRED TO WEAR A FACE MASK/FACE COVERING and follow the safety guidelines posted by the entrance stating that you will abide by all policies and procedures. Failure to follow policies will result in being asked to leave the premises. Patrons must:
- Always maintain 6 feet of social distance
- Wash hands regularly
- Cover face with proper PPE
- Stay home when sick
- Get tested immediately when sick
In accordance with the WV state guidelines as issued by the Governor, the following areas and amenities of the facility will be temporarily unavailable until we receive further notice:
- Equipment Checkout (Basketballs, rackets, etc.)
- Fitness Studios (Closed for open use)
- Lounge Spaces
- Rec Room
- Towel Service (Shower towels and sweat towels)
- Water Fountains (Water bottle fill stations will remain open)
Patrons who paid for the year in full or month-to-month memberships had an additional 70 days added to their membership, due to the closure time. Monthly memberships resumed in June. Individuals with locker/towel service, F45 passes or personal training packages received an extension.
As we continue to navigate through the reopening of the Rec, there will be some new things to expect during each phase. We appreciate your help and understanding as we work through this time together. If you have a specific concern or you need help locating gym wipes or hand sanitizer stations, please see any Marshall Rec Center team member. You can also e-mail us at email@example.com with additional questions or concerns.