You can influence your student’s career development!
These days college students are not only competing for jobs with other graduates, but with the growing number of unemployed experienced workers as well. Fewer career opportunities mean that your student’s dream job may not be on the horizon immediately. Your support and encouragement are crucial as they look toward the future and consider plan B options.
Your greatest contribution will be to:
– Understand the current job market
– Offer support through the process
– Encourage them to gain experiences in their field of study
– Connect them with people, places and professionals
– Help your student take ownership of their career. Utilize the Career Parent Portal!
For more information, call Career Services at 304.696.2370 or email us.