James D. McIntosh
Phone number: 304.696.3113
(PhD, MS, BS): M.S.E. West Virginia University
Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Flexsys America LP (JV of Monsanto& Akzo Nobel)
ERM Midwest, Inc.
Behavioral Safety programs relative to enhanced safety culture & performance, Oil/ Gas accidents metrics to reduce accidents, Respiratory protection enhancements through proper respirator fitting, IH Air monitoring equipment, Safety Training enhancement, and Mining safety.
Significant Funded Research Projects:
- Co- Principal Investigator, Evaluation of the Current SAFETY Culture within the WV DOH ($ 200k)
- Co- Principal Investigator, Mine Safety Technology Innovation Capability ($ 4M)
- Principal Investigator – Marshall Host Site OSHA Safety & Health training. ($30K)
- Principal Investigator – Review/ Develop Oil& Gas Site safety ($150K Bucks for Brains $300k)
- Liu, J., Lockhart, T.E., Parijat, P., McIntosh, J.D., and Chiu, Y-P. (2015) Comparison of Slip Training in VR Environment and on Moveable Platform, Biomedical Sciences Instrumentation, 51, 189-197.
- McIntosh, J and Elswick, D. "OSHA Fall Protection Requirements and Minimizing Falls". HR Journal, West Virginia Chamber of Commerce, Winter 2008.
- McIntosh, James D. "Protecting Workers at Hazardous Waste Sites". The AIHA Synergist, June/ July 2007.
- McIntosh, J and Elswick, D. "Behavior Based Safety Programs: Helping WV Business Stay Open". HR Journal, West Virginia Chamber of Commerce, July 2007.
- Plummer, R.W., Stobbe, T.J., Mogenson, J. and McIntosh, J., A Collection of Information on the Appropriate Protective Equipment to be Used by Petrochemical Workers, Technical Report, US DOL-OHSA, October, 1984.
Professional Memberships and Activities:
American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA).
American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE).
Chairman: WV Chamber of Commerce Safety and Health Committee.
President: ASSE, Southern WV.
Chairman: WV Manufacturers Association Environmental, Safety and Health Committee
Board of Directors: Kanawha Putnam Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC).
Chairman: 1998 WV Conference on the Environment.
President: Mountaineer Section of AIHA 1993.
Honors and Awards:
Alpha Pi Mu (Industrial Engineering Honorary).
Tau Beta Pi (National Engineering).