Exposure to Real World Problems
- Apply theory from class to real world situations.
- Complete interesting and challenging tasks and make real decisions to solve relevant problems.
- Solidify if intern area will be career choice
Increase Self Marketability
- Enhance your resume.
- Internships help you stand out from the crowd.
- 30% of those graduating college have a job offer before graduation, 58% of those with an internship have a job offer before graduation!
Opportunities with Organizations
- Many companies hire interns for full-time positions!
- 85% of companies use internships and similar experiential education programs to recruit for their full-time workforce.
Students who have some form of internship work experience typically receive a higher starting salary or wage!
- Build your references.
- Create relationships / build your network; networking has been found to be two to three times more effective than all other employment sources combined!
You could possibly receive academic credit! Read more here.