West Virginia Prevention Resources
- Regional Data Profiles – WV Prevention Planning Resource (released on 4/19/23)
- WV Department of Health & Human Resources Bureau of Behavioral Health is the agency responsible for federal flow-thru funding for prevention and state prevention policy for behavioral health including prevention https://dhhr.wv.gov/bhhf/Pages/default.aspx
- Help & Hope WV focuses on connecting people and organizations to information and resources needed to prevent, treat and promote recovery of substance use disorders. https://helpandhopewv.org/index.html
- Prevention First WV is a proactive, comprehensive stance to showcase the importance of substance use prevention throughout West Virginia. This approach provides a clear, consistent, strong message to community members, lawmakers, and other key stakeholders that “prevention” is an integral part of the continuum of care and that prevention is a critical component of any thriving community. Contact a Prevention Lead Organization to engage with prevention efforts in your region. https://www.preventionfirstwv.org/
Marshall University Mental Health Resource Guide
This Mental Health Resource Guide is a collaboration between Marshall University’s Center of Excellence for Recovery, MU Counseling Services, and MU Libraries. You’ll find helpful mental health resources for both on and off-campus access. We are here to help you.
National Prevention Resources
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Center for Substance Abuse Prevention (CSAP) works creates: Supportive workplaces, schools, and communities; Drug-free and crime-free neighborhoods; and Positive connections with friends and family. https://www.samhsa.gov/prevention
- Partnership to End Addiction is a national nonprofit organization that translates the science of teen drug use and addiction for families, providing parents with direct support to prevent and cope with teen drug and alcohol misuse. https://drugfree.org/
- Mental Health America is a national organization that provides information, advocacy and resources to promote mental wellness. You can access free, online, confidential screens at www.mentalhealthamerica.net/mental-health-screening-tools
- CADCA is a coalition membership organization representing those working to make their communities safe, healthy and drug-free. They support community, family and youth leaders to be effective agents of change through the coalition model. https://cadca.org/resources
- Higher Education Center for Alcohol & Drug Misuse Prevention & Recovery (HECAOD) is a collaboration among The Ohio State University’s College of Social Work, College of Pharmacy, Office of Student Life, Generation Rx, and the Collegiate Recovery Community. It’s a resource for alcohol and drug misuse prevention and recovery for colleges and universities across the country. http://hecaod.osu.edu/
Youth Vaping Toolkit Released by West Virginia Division of Tobacco Prevention
An E-Cigarette and Youth Vaping Toolkit was created by the West Virginia Division of Tobacco Prevention as a recommendation of the West Virginia Youth Vaping Report completed on behalf of the Bureau for Public Health in January of 2020. The toolkit can assist West Virginia parents, educators, healthcare providers, and community groups in addressing the vaping epidemic. It outlines opportunities for action that can be taken by various school and community-based leaders, along with resources and tools to support parents and youth to prevent or quit use of electronic cigarettes and other related nicotine devices. Access the toolkit here: https://dhhr.wv.gov/wvdtp/electronic-cigarettes/Pages/Youth-Vaping-Toolkit.aspx
LGBTQIA Virtual NA Meetings
Weekly NA Meetings will be held by the WV BBH. Meetings are held Tuesdays at 6pm and Wednesdays at noon.
Use the below link to login from your computer, tablet, or smartphone. Alternatively, use the call-in information below.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (646) 749-3122
Access Code: 803-862-285