Student Services & Resources

writing center

The College of Liberal Arts encourages students to seek out support services available at Marshall. See below for a list of resources and brief descriptions from each program’s website. Click any of the links for more information.

  • The Marshall University Student Resource Center (SRC) is located on the second floor of the Memorial Student Center. SRC specialists are trained to handle questions from a range of topics including basic academic advising, financial aid services, career services, and more.
  • The Marshall University Writing Center, located on the second floor of Drinko Library, is staffed with graduate and undergraduate students ready to help you at any stage of the writing process. Tutors can be consulted on any writing assignment from any discipline.
  • The Tutoring Center is located in Laidley Hall. Peer tutors are Marshall University students who have demonstrated expertise in the subject area(s) they tutor. You may request an individual tutor or take advantage of the drop-in tutoring available.
  • The mission of the Marshall University H.E.L.P. Center is to provide educational support, remediation, and mentoring to individuals with a specific Learning Disability and/or Attention Deficit Disorder/Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
  • The purpose of the Office of Disability Services Program is to provide the educational and physical accessibility support necessary for students to achieve their academic goals and to promote as much independence as possible on the part of the students with disabilities.
  • Marshall University Career Services guides students in making intelligent career decisions as well as developing essential career skills.
  • The purpose of the Student Health Service is to provide health care services for acute illnesses to students. Student Health Services is located on the first floor family practice area of Cabell Huntington Hospital.
  • All emergencies, criminal complaints, general requests for service and public safety concerns can be reported directly to the Office of Public Safety by any person in the University community. Dialing 4357 (HELP) from any University phone, or by using one of the emergency/service phones located throughout the campus, will provide direct contact with the police dispatcher 24 hours a day.