For the spring 2021 semester, Marshall University will continue its COVID-19 surveillance testing program for students and employees, and will be switching its testing method on all campuses from nasal swabs to less invasive self-administered saliva-based tests.
Please note that following the holiday break, all Marshall employees must be tested for COVID-19 within three days of their return to the workplace.
On the Huntington campus, testing will be available from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays in the Don Morris Room and Room BE-5 of the Memorial Student Center. Testing details for the South Charleston and Mid-Ohio Valley Center campuses will be shared directly with employees in those locations.
Due to the large numbers of tests necessary to accommodate Huntington campus employees returning the week of Jan. 4, appointments are required. If you are returning to work on the Huntington campus Jan. 4-8, please use the online scheduling system to reserve a time slot for your test before you leave for the holidays, and no later than 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 22. Remember to schedule your test for a date that is within three days of your return to work.
If you are returning to work on the Huntington campus after Jan. 8, no testing appointment is necessary. You can participate in walk-up testing at your convenience, as long as it is within three working days of your return.
Before your saliva test, refrain from eating, drinking, smoking/vaping, using tobacco products, chewing gum or using mouthwash for at least 30 minutes. You are encouraged to drink plenty of water prior to that 30-minute window to help ensure you have an adequate amount of saliva for the test.
- Please be prompt in reporting for your testing appointment (if applicable) and have your smart phone in hand to register your sample. (We will have laptops available if you do not have a smart phone.) Please use your official Marshall e-mail address to register.
- You must wear a face covering and maintain appropriate physical distance from others at all times.
- Employees must be tested through the university’s surveillance testing system. Home COVID-19 tests or tests done at other facilities will not be accepted.
- Please remember this testing is required for the safety of all members of the university community. Any employee who refuses to comply with surveillance testing requests or to follow other university health and safety directives is subject to the disciplinary process outlined in the Board of Governors and Human Resource Services policies and procedures.
- New cloth masks and hand sanitizer will be distributed to employees when they report for their return-to-work test.
Questions may be directed to COVID19@marshall.edu.