The Instructional Design Center is a faculty-dedicated space that allows you to work one-one-one with experienced instructional designers to design, develop, and deploy your e-courses. Blackboard is not just for fully online courses; every course at Marshall has a designated Blackboard section so you can supplement your face-to-face courses as well. We are happy to accommodate drop-ins or schedule an appointment with you.
Some of the services we provide
- Blackboard assistance with new course development, utilization of Blackboard tools, and using the system to meet your course needs
- Department, small group, or individual Blackboard Help sessions
- Blackboard Collaborate training and support
Where can I find help or instructions on how to do things?
- The best and easiest place to start is the Faculty tab inside Blackboard. Simply login to Blackboard and click on the Faculty tab at the top of the page. This page contains modules with the most up-to-date information about Known Issues, Tool Tips, and links to Course Copy Instructions, Course Access request form, and Cross-listing request form.
- The next best place to get instructions is in the Instructor Resources for Blackboard (MUOnLine) Organization inside Blackboard. There you will find information on course design, accessibility, Quality Matters, tools available in Blackboard (e.g., Collaborate Ultra and VoiceThread), and software used with Blackboard (e.g., Respondus, Ensemble Video, and TechSmith Relay). An Organization functions like an online course, but without being associated to Banner or date restrictions. If you are not yet enrolled in this organization, you can enroll yourself in just a few steps:
- log into Blackboard
- click the “Organizations” tab at the top of the page
- search for “Instructor Resources”
- click the name of that organization when it appears
- choose “Enroll.”
Contact the Designers
Huntington Design Center
Monday – Friday
Drinko Library 235
8:30 – 5:00 pm
South Charleston Design Center