The Instructional Design Center is a faculty-dedicated space that allows you to work one-one-one with experienced instructional designers to design, develop, and deploy your e-courses. Blackboard is not just for fully online courses; every course at Marshall has a designated Blackboard section so you can supplement your face-to-face courses as well. We are happy to schedule an appointment with you.
Note Regarding Appointments for 2020
The Instructional Design Centers are offering virtual appointments through Teams through the remainder of 2020. You can email us directly at email@example.com for an appointment, or chat with us on our Distance Ed Support Community Team. We will not be accepting walk-ins during Fall 2020 semester.
Some of the services we provide
- Blackboard assistance with new course development, utilization of Blackboard tools, and using the system to meet your course needs
- Department, small group, or individual Blackboard Help sessions
- Blackboard Collaborate training and support
- Teams training and user-level support (we do not have Teams admin access)
Where can I find help or instructions on how to do things?
- Faculty tab on the top page of Blackboard.
- Online Ready website
- Instructor Resources for Blackboard. There you will find information on course design, accessibility, Quality Matters, tools available in Blackboard (e.g., Collaborate Ultra and VoiceThread), and software used with Blackboard (e.g., Respondus, Ensemble Video, and TechSmith Relay). An Organization functions like an online course, but without being associated to Banner or date restrictions. If you are not yet enrolled in this organization, you can enroll yourself in just a few steps:
- log into Blackboard
- click the “Organizations” tab at the top of the page
- search for “Instructor Resources”
- click the name of that organization when it appears
- choose “Enroll.”
- Note: we are working to update information in our Team, websites, and the Instructor Resources org.
Contact the Designers
Instructional Design Centers – all services and meetings will remain online through at least the remainder of 2020. You can also join our Distance Education Support Community Team!