Campus Services

Academic Support

Each college at Marshall University has its own advising process. For answers to your academic advising questions, please call your college number below, Monday through Friday, 8am-4:30pm. You should identify yourself as a MUOnLine student.

College of Business

College of Education and Professional Development
304-696-2865 (undergraduate)
304-696-2857 (graduate)

College of Arts & Media

College of Engineering and Computer Sciences
Huntington campus

College of Liberal Arts

College of Science

University College

Graduate College
Huntington campus

Student Resource Center

Online College Courses in the High Schools (OCCHS)

Regents Bachelors Degree Program
(800) 906-4723

Textbooks are available at the Marshall University Bookstore located in the Memorial Student Center on the Marshall campus. You can order books online at the bookstore’s website or via telephone: 304-696-3622.
Career services will help you combine your passion, strengths and skills into a career that will bring you both success and satisfaction. We serve undergraduate students, graduate students and alumni, and our services are always free.

For more information please visit the Career Services webpage.

MUOnLine students can access online databases, web-based digital collections, and other library resources from anywhere, both on and off-campus, by using their MUID number. The libraries’ online catalog, and more than 100 online databases provide citation-level searching and full-text articles, are accessible from the Libraries’ web site.

Students and faculty can request books or articles through the web-based Information Delivery Service (IDS), which is available 24 hours a day. Most articles are delivered electronically without charge. There is a per-page copying charge for articles that must be delivered as photocopies. Books from other libraries are usually delivered without any fee except in cases where the user elects to mail back the book and must pay mailing costs.

Students who are completely off-campus should check out Off-Campus Library Services.

For more information please visit the Library webpage.

Marshall University offers an unofficial transfer equivalency tool that allows students to get a rough idea of what credits may, or may not transfer to Marshall.

The material presented in this report is offered to illustrate how a student’s course work could transfer to Marshall University. The information does not constitute an official verification of transfer credit. For the final and authoritative decision regarding any transfer courses, you must have your transcript evaluated during the official admission review process.

The Writing Center offers asynchronous online tutoring via email to students who cannot come to the Writing Center for a face-to-face appointment.

For more information please visit the Writing Center webpage.

Please visit our Academic Common Market page to view steps to take an online course or program listed in SREB’s Electronic Campus.

Admissions & Financial Aid
304-696-3242 (fax)
304-696-6476 (fax)
304-69602252 (fax for transcript requests)
1-800-438-5392 (toll free)

Technical Support

Marshall University’s IT Service Desk, located on the first floor of the Drinko Library, is here to help you in-person, online or over the phone with a variety of technical issues that may arise.

For more information on the IT Service Desk as well as operational hours and contact information please head to the IT Service Desk webpage.

For a full list of Information Technology services available please visit the IT Service Catalog

State Resources

The West Virginia Virtual Learning Network (WVVLN) is the distance education consortium of the 11 state colleges and universities and 10 community and technical colleges of West Virginia. The primary mission of WVVLN is to provide West Virginia Citizens with access to educational programs from the state’s institutions of higher education by 100% online education technologies.

State Authorizations for Reciprocity, Licensure, and Experiential Learning

All institutions offering post-secondary education through distance means who have students in other states must be sure that state laws where those students reside are being followed. Even though the university may not have a physical presence in another state, they must honor the state’s jurisdiction. For more information about disclosures for professional licensure programs, consult our page and access the CareerOneStop.  Consult our state-by-state Licensure Programs list to find your location, occupation, licensure status, or licensure board.

Complaint Process

According to the U.S. Department of Education, public institutions participating in NC-SARA that offer distance education programs must provide current and prospective distance students with information relating to filing a complaint.

Please use the form provided:

On the form, select the distance learning status that pertains to your complaint:

  • Distance Learning State Authorization
  • Distance Learning Non-Resident (Non-WV) Professional Licensure

Note that internal MU complaints are processed through Student Affairs and the corresponding department. Please exhaust all remedies provided by the appropriate Marshall University campus office before filing an additional complaint with the regional accrediting entity and portal agency.  We will do our best to assist you in any way possible!





Having Trouble with Blackboard?

Contact the IT Service Desk

Call the Design Center


Contact a Designer

Calendar Events