Family Giving Campaign
Family Giving Campaign – Make Your Dollar HERD!
The potential of Marshall can be seen in our students and our power is in our people. Marshall faculty and staff inspire, challenge and support our students as well as the greater educational goals of our university.
Your Donation Can Make a Personal Impact
Everyone’s been hard at work making Marshall University the best it can be and your donation will help secure needed unbudgeted items such as departmental improvements, faculty travel, lab equipment and fine arts supplies. Your contribution also illustrates and promotes an environment of giving and sharing, and enriches our students’ learning experiences.
Many donors choose to make unrestricted gifts which are directed where the need is greatest. Unrestricted gifts also provide flexibility which enables the University to take advantage when unexpected opportunities arise. On the other hand, you may choose to personalize your gift by directing your contribution to a specific department, college fund, scholarship or other area of interest.
In addition, your gift makes you an “active” member of the Marshall University Alumni Association for 12 months from the date of your gift. Your membership brings with it all the current Alumni Association benefits, including 10% discount in the Marshall University Bookstore (excluding textbooks), access to the EBSCO program, discounted membership to the Marshall Recreational Center, and more. Visit www.herdalum.com for a complete list of benefits.
Make Your Dollar HERD!
We know that each day you already make a substantial contribution to campus life through the energy and effort you put into the professional way you fulfill your responsibilities. Whether working directly with students or caring for facilities and our beautiful campus, you make a real difference–and you help make Marshall a better place for us all. Your financial contribution is another important way to demonstrate your investment in Marshall and its students. Giving is a personal decision, and each Marshall donor makes a difference. The reasons for giving are diverse, but each reflects a sincere belief in the work being done here at Marshall, and your participation in the Family Campaign is a vote of confidence in our University and her future. Your gift reflects a sense of partnership and pride on campus and beyond. This year, as you think about what matters most to you at Marshall, please give to help make it happen. Your contributing and being involved are truly meaningful, and every gift–no matter the size–is important and sincerely appreciated.
Marshall Needs Your Support!
- Faculty and staff support promote increased alumni and community support
- Every dollar makes a difference to the students you’re interacting with every day
- Students view faculty/staff contributors in a different light — as true partners
- Your participation counts, no matter the amount of your contribution
- Donate and become an active member of the Marshall University Alumni Association
- Support the area of your choice
- Your gift is 100% tax-deductible *
- Your gift strengthens Marshall University, and a stronger Marshall University enjoys greater regional and national prestige
* For individuals, only taxpayers who itemize their deductions on Schedule A can claim a deduction for charitable contributions. This deduction is not available to people who choose the standard deduction, including anyone who files a short form (1040A or 1040EZ). A taxpayer will have a tax savings only if the total itemized deductions (mortgage interest, charitable contributions, state and local taxes, etc.) exceeds the standard deduction. Since each donor’s tax situation is different we recommend that you consult your tax professional.