Phonathon Marketing Representative Job Opportunity
Due to COVID-19, this position is remote and/or hybrid for the 2020 Fall semester. The Marshall University Foundation is limiting building access and stands in compliance with policies, implemented by the CDC and the state of West Virginia.
$9.00/hr plus Fridays & Saturdays off!
Work Schedule (Subject to Change)
Sunday 2:00 pm to 5pm
Monday thru Thursday 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Student callers are vital in the raising of funds for the University and the best ambassadors for Marshall and experiences had here by Alumni – simply because of the fact they are currently living it! Having students fundraise is a great way for Marshall University to maintain such a close relationship with its Alumni, parents of Alumni, donors, and friends in the community.
As a student caller, you must have strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to think quickly and strategically, staying on your toes, and a genuine “I BLEED GREEN” attitude.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Be able to build relationships and rapport with constituents; updating demographics in the computer and ultimately having success at soliciting gifts for the Annual Fund
- Gain knowledge on a higher level of why Marshall University needs our Alumni and friends to give back to the school and how our annual financial support is utilized
- Meet Phonathon performance standards, accepting constructive feedback and coaching from a supervisor
- Ability to work with other student callers in a team-oriented environment
- Commitment to work at least three (3) three-hour shifts each week Sunday to Thursday, arriving on time with a positive attitude for each shift
In order to complete this job remotely, students will be required to provide their own computer with microphone capabilities. Microsoft Teams, available through Marshall University, and a calling software from RNL will need to be loaded the employee’s computer to interact with their supervisor and manage required responsibilities. Both required downloads will be the student’s responsibility.
Marshall University Student Employment Only. All applicants must be registered for at least one class at Marshall University, have a valid 901 number, and be in good academic standing with at least a 2.5 GPA overall and pass a clear and complete standard background check. Each caller must be able to manage school workload and part-time job hours.
Please access the application form HERE, download and fill out on your Windows PC or Mac, then email the completed application to email@example.com. If you have any questions about the posting or how to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 304-696-3321.