Federal Work Study

Federal Work-study is a program that provides jobs for graduate students demonstrating financial need. Most Federal Work-study positions are available on campus. However, there are several opportunities for students to work off campus performing community service work.

You can view a listing of Federal Work-study employers on campus and community. (In some cases, work-study assignments can be converted into a Graduate Assistantship. Check with the Chair of the academic department in which you will enroll.)
The amount of your Federal Work-study offer as indicated in your Financial Aid Package is the maximum you are allowed to earn. You will be paid directly for Federal Work-study earnings in the form of a paycheck. Federal Work-study awards are not credited to your student account.

Federal Work-study earnings are excluded from income on your subsequent year’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), so it doesn’t affect your eligibility for financial aid in the future.

Applications should be made through the Student Financial Assistance office:
Old Main 116
One John Marshall Drive
Huntington, WV 25755
Phone: 1-800-438-5390
Fax: 304-696-3242
Email: sfa@marshall.edu