MASTER OF SCIENCE IN ATHLETIC TRAINING
Mark Timmons, PhD, ATC
School of Kinesiology
Gullickson Hall, Room 100C
- AREAS OF EMPHASIS OFFERED:
- 36 credit hours with thesis.
- NORMAL TIME TO COMPLETE FOR FULL-TIME STUDENT:
- 2 years.
- PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS:
- This is a Post-Professional Master’s degree program. The program is designed to build on existing knowledge and skills the student has acquired in the student’s respective undergraduate program. Elective courses can be chosen from the approved courses with approval of the student’s assigned academic advisor and/or can be determined by the academic advisor depending on the student’s background, needs, and/or weaknesses. Successful completion of an oral thesis defense is required for graduation.
- PROGRAM OBJECTIVES:
- The program prepares students for a career as an allied health care provider in the clinical, commercial, corporate, community, university, and medical settings. The degree is designed to meet the needs of the clinical, high school, middle school, college, professional, industrial, and independent athletic trainer.
- JOBS RELATED TO THIS PROGRAM:
- For more information, please click on the links below to the O*NET website supported by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- 29-9091.00 Athletic TrainersBright Outlook
- APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR ADMISSION:
- Fall enrollment: August 1; Spring enrollment: December 1; Summer enrollment: May 1
- GRE OR OTHER TEST REQUIRED:
- PROGRAM LOCATION: