MASTER OF ARTS IN TEACHING (GEE0)
Dr. Tina Allen
South Charleston Campus – Room GC 248
Huntington Campus – Jenkins Hall Room 208
- AREAS OF EMPHASIS OFFERED:
- 39 credit hours. For complete information please see: M.A.T Program Information
- NORMAL TIME TO COMPLETE FOR FULL-TIME STUDENT:
- 2 years minimum.
- PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS:
- The program provides the professional education courses and clinical experiences, including student teaching, necessary to prepare individuals for teaching a specific content area in grades PreK-Adult, 5-Adult, or 9-Adult.
- PROGRAM OBJECTIVES:
- The program is an alternative means for college graduates with degrees in liberal arts, fine arts, and professional fields to attain teacher certification.
- JOBS RELATED TO THIS PROGRAM:
- For more information, please click on the links below to the O*NET website supported by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- 25-2022.00 Middle School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education Bright Outlook
- 25-2031.00 Secondary School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education Bright Outlook
- APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR ADMISSION:
- Fall enrollment: August 1; Spring enrollment: December 1; Summer enrollment: May 1
- GRE OR OTHER TEST REQUIRED:
- GRE or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) and Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators tests in reading, writing, and math (waived if candidate has an earned Master’s degree or higher, an enhanced ACT score of 26 or higher, or a revised SAT score of 1170). Please note: GPA requirement is 2.80 overall and in the content specialization (teaching area).
- PROGRAM LOCATION:
- Huntington and South Charleston