MASTER OF ARTS IN TEACHING (GEE0)
Dr. Tina Allen
South Charleston Campus – Room GC 248
Huntington Campus – Jenkins Hall Room 131
- AREAS OF EMPHASIS OFFERED:
- 36 credit hours. For complete information please see: M.A.T Program Information
- NORMAL TIME TO COMPLETE FOR FULL-TIME STUDENT:
- 2 years minimum.
- PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS:
- The program provides the professional education courses and clinical experiences, including student teaching, necessary to prepare individuals for teaching a specific content area in grades PreK-Adult, 5-Adult, or 9-Adult.
- PROGRAM OBJECTIVES:
- The program is an alternative means for college graduates with degrees in liberal arts, fine arts, and professional fields to attain teacher certification.
- JOBS RELATED TO THIS PROGRAM:
- For more information, please click on the links below to the O*NET website supported by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- 25-2022.00 Middle School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education Bright Outlook
- 25-2031.00 Secondary School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education Bright Outlook
- APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR ADMISSION:
- Fall enrollment: August 1; Spring enrollment: December 1; Summer enrollment: May 1
- GRE OR OTHER TEST REQUIRED:
- Praxis CORE
- PROGRAM LOCATION:
- Huntington and South Charleston