MASTER OF SCIENCE, MASTER OF ART IN BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES GS10 (M.A.); GS20 (M.S.)
Science Building 350
DIRECTOR OF GRADUATE STUDIES
Dr. Herman Mays
Science Building 390
- AREAS OF EMPHASIS OFFERED:
- Organismal, Evolutionary and Ecological Biology; Watershed Resource Sciences
- 33 credit hours thesis; 36 credit hours non-thesis.
- NORMAL TIME TO COMPLETE FOR FULL-TIME STUDENT:
- 2 years.
- PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS:
- Students are mentored by faculty members on their research projects.
- PROGRAM OBJECTIVES:
- The MS degree, which requires a thesis, is preparation for further study or employment requiring research experience in areas ranging from cellular and molecular to evolutionary and population biology. The MA degree, which does not require a thesis, allows students to strengthen their education in Biological Sciences through the completion of advanced coursework.
- JOBS RELATED TO THIS PROGRAM:
- For more information, please click on the links below to the O*NET website supported by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- 19-1020.01 Biologists Bright Outlook
- 19-1031.01 Soil and Water Conservationists Bright Outlook
- 25-1042.00 Biological Science Teachers, Postsecondary
- 19-1013.00 Soil and Plant Scientists Bright Outlook
- APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR ADMISSION:
- Fall: April 15; Spring: November 15
- GRE OR OTHER TEST REQUIRED:
- PROGRAM LOCATION: