MASTER OF SCIENCE IN BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES (GM50)
GRADUATE RECRUITMENT COORDINATOR
Mrs. Diana R. Maue
Byrd Biotechnology Science Center 301F
- AREAS OF EMPHASIS OFFERED:
- Cancer Biology | Cardiovascular Disease, Obesity and Diabetes | Medical Sciences | Infectious and Immunological Diseases| Neuroscience and Developmental Biology | Toxicology and Environmental Health Sciences
- 32 credit hours thesis; 36 credit hours non-thesis.
- NORMAL TIME TO COMPLETE FOR FULL-TIME STUDENT:
- 2 years.
- PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS:
- The areas of study which students choose are flexible and research-oriented to develop the interests, capabilities and potential of individuals pursuing careers in academic or industrial biomedical sciences.
- PROGRAM OBJECTIVES:
- The non-thesis option is for students in the Medical Sciences area of emphasis who wish to pursue non-research careers in the health professions or in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries. NOTE: admission to the program does not guarantee admission to medical school.
- JOBS RELATED TO THIS PROGRAM:
- For more information, please click on the links below to the O*NET website supported by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- 17-2031.00 Biomedical Engineers Bright Outlook
- 19-1029.00 Biological Scientists, All Other Bright Outlook
- 25-1042.00 Biological Science Teachers, Postsecondary Bright Outlook
- 19-1042.00 Medical Scientists, Except Epidemiologists Bright Outlook
- APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR ADMISSION:
- Rolling admission with a final deadline of June 1.
- GRE OR OTHER TEST REQUIRED:
- For the Research MS, the GRE is required.
- For the Medical Sciences area of emphasis, NO ENTRANCE EXAM is required.
- PROGRAM LOCATION: