MASTER OF SCIENCE IN ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE (GT30)
Dr. Scott Simonton
South Charleston campus
- AREAS OF EMPHASIS OFFERED:
- 36 credit hours.
- NORMAL TIME TO COMPLETE FOR FULL-TIME STUDENT:
- 2 years.
- PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS:
- Students from diverse science backgrounds apply their knowledge and skills to environmental problems, such as air pollution and control; water pollution and treatment; groundwater protection, contamination and remediation; solid and hazardous waste management.
- PROGRAM OBJECTIVES:
- The environmental science program gives the student the broad multi-disciplinary subject matter and analytical tools necessary to be successful in such professions as consulting, industrial environmental management and environmental protection.
- JOBS RELATED TO THIS PROGRAM:
- For more information, please click on the links below to the O*NET website supported by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- 19-4091.00 Environmental Science and Protection Technicians, Including Health Bright Outlook
- 17-3025.00 Environmental Engineering Technicians Bright Outlook
- 17-2081.00 Environmental Engineers Bright Outlook
- 11-9121.00 Natural Sciences Managers
- APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR ADMISSION:
- Fall enrollment: August 1; Spring enrollment: December 1; Summer enrollment: May 1
- GRE OR OTHER TEST REQUIRED:
- PROGRAM LOCATION:
- Huntington and South Charleston